wtf?

Becca Anderson blathers about...stuff. Or something.

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

I Can't Wait

People, I am possibly setting myself up for disaster. Please note that it is February 7, which is a full six weeks away from the official start of spring, and over FOUR MONTHS away from the official start of summer. And if you are remotely familiar with Chicago and its weather, you know that warm weather is at least three months off, probably more. UGH.

The disaster part is that I am ready for Summer already. We had some unseasonably warm days in January, which just whetted my appetite for more! This is very bad.

I am hoping, however, that time will FLY. Maybe a listy format will help me feel better about how close summer really is? Let's see what's coming soon that will break up the time.
  • We are already in the 4th week of the semester, which means I'm 25% done!
  • There are only 3 more weeks of February.
  • In March the restaurant will get busy again.
  • Spring Break.
  • St. Patrick's Day.
  • High School Friend Jenn comes to visit.
  • March 21 is the Vagina Monologues (ticket information coming soon).
  • March 27 is my baby brother's 16th birthday (and I am now officially OLD).
  • April 30 is my dad's birthday.
  • First two weeks in May: end of the semester/possible trip to SIOP in Dallas.
  • May 27-June 3: MEXICO, with Mom and Ken and HS Jenn.
  • June 15-ish: Lindsay is out of school.

THEN, this happens.

One more summer "off" (from an office job, at least) is just the ticket, I think. It seems completely right to me. Folks, I am excited. I am really stoked to go and be creative and make something that people will see and (hopefully) like. And Lindsay loves the idea. We will write at the beach, at the park, at the coffee shop, at the ice cream shop, in my apartment blessed with central air...hell, maybe we will get serious about yoga, too!

Summer can't get here soon enough.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home