wtf?

Becca Anderson blathers about...stuff. Or something.

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Listy!

Hello, hello!

Re: my last entry, please note that I am now Famous! I was the first person to buy the DMs first CD, and they put me on their website! That pic is from Halloween at Amber's Mike's house. Wholly appropriate, though, as a lot of their songs have a country-ish sound. Still haven't received the CD, but it should arrive tomorrow.

Now I would like to move on to the part of the entry where I tell you about how I am CRAZY:

I had forgotten about how when you're in school? It is all fun and games until the last two weeks of the semester. That is when everything is due all at once and you don't sleep and only eat sporadically and your house is a mess and you may or may not wear the same sweatshirt for three days in a row even though you did shower and your cat is neglected because all you ever do is read papers and typetypetype and read some more and talk to yourself and subsist largely on Diet Coke and mini-Snickers bars.

Poor Gabby. In the beginning of the week, she still hung out on the desk, basking in the light from the lamp (weirdo cat), but now she has abandoned me completely, opting instead for napping on the couch. I cannot say I blame her. I would also rather be napping on the couch.

Anyway, so I am a CRAZY person. Between this week and next, I had/have due: 6 big papers (including 2 take-home finals), an assorted pile of statistics homework re-dos, and 2 big fat exams. One is for Organizational Psych, and is all essay/short answer, and one is for stats, which is cumulative in the sense that everything in the class builds on what came before it, but not in the sense that we're being tested on beginning of semester stuff like descriptive statistics.

Here are things I have done so far:


  • Social psych research proposal
  • Organizational psych case study
  • Gotten overly-woolly eyebrows waxed
  • Gotten thoroughly split-ended hair cut, and complimented on eyebrows by Gil the Hair Genius
  • Stats homework due today
Things I still have to do:


  • Put up tree
  • Make 1,000,000 Christmas presents (rant for another entry)
  • Social psych final
  • Organizational psych research proposal (though on same topic as social proposal, must be a different research idea)
  • Individual Differences interview and final paper
  • Individual Differences final exam
  • Organizational psych final
  • Stats final
  • Get very drunk immediately following stats final (approximately noon)

So, you see, I am crazy. I have managed to work a little housekeeping in here and there as well, as my overflowing bathroom trash can was threatening to join forces with the dishes in the sink to take over the house. But for the most part, I am barely holding it together, sleeping erratically, and might be getting sick.

But hey! T-minus eight days until I am off for a month! I will read a lot, learn to crochet, and be a vegetable. Maybe this grad school stuff isn't so bad after all...

3 Comments:

  • At 5:24 PM, Anonymous turd herder from myspace said…

    i noticed you said make 1,000,000 christmas presents. i get that 1,000,000 is an exaggeration, but that would be really cool if you do make your own presents to give. very martha stewarty. are you a fan as well? i heard that this month she will be showing us how to make a shiv out of a broken piece of plexiglas which is readily available from resources such as the cover of the trustee roster out on the yard or the backside of the sandblasting unit down in the work rehab unit of almost any penal institution. happy carving.

     
  • At 5:35 PM, Blogger fohkengruven said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 5:40 PM, Blogger fohkengruven said…

    hey i tried to leave a comment. maybe it went maybe it didn't. i think i hate this blogger thing more than myspace.

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home